Shiloh in 2011

  • pbjdesigns
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 19, 2010
      This evening it was announced in Lexington, VA (site of the 2010 Civil War Home Chat Room Muster) and in the CW Home Chat Room that the destination NEXT June is... SHILOH, TN. We'll also visit Corinth and other sites in the area as they make sense in the schedule as it develops. As those plans come together we'll share them with this forum so that those who might be interested in visiting the sites with people of like mind and passion for the war might consider becoming a part of our muster experience.

      If interested, mark it on your calendar now. It's always the 3rd weekend of June, Father's Day weekend. June 16-19 of 2011 will find some of us mustering at Shiloh and Corinth. Early discussion has us putting Muster HQ in Corinth, Mississippi. So looking forward to a return to the area. The very first muster of shotgun's Civil War Home chat room group was in Shiloh back in 1999.

      Best regards.

      Pat Jones
      Co-Moderator, CWWT
    • keeno2@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 20, 2010
        Suggest Selmer of Savannah for HQ. Corinth's New Center is worth a couple of hours, the generals' HQs are of some interest, and Davis's Bridge might be of some interest (albeit a miserable, long drive). In other words, Corinth Motels are 45 miles from Shiloh whereas Selmer's are less than 20.

        Just a thought.

        Ole
      • eric lidy
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 20, 2010
          I agree but least corinth is following the paths of battle to a point but when i get out there i will see everything

          Suggest Selmer of Savannah for HQ. Corinth's New Center is worth a couple of hours, the generals' HQs are of some interest, and Davis's Bridge might be of some interest (albeit a miserable, long drive). In other words, Corinth Motels are 45 miles from Shiloh whereas Selmer's are less than 20.

          Just a thought.

          Ole

        • Mary Hawthorne
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 20, 2010

            I will be keeping these suggestions as well as I am sure ks and Dave will be. We also have the expertise of Calcav to help us out and as the plan comes together for muster 2011 we will be sure to do the best we can to keep all these thoughts in mind.
            bluelady