Grant Papers Online

  • Harry Smeltzer
    Message 1 of 4 , May 20, 2010

      This may be old news to some of you, but the Grant Papers are available now online.

      http://bullrunnings.wordpress.com/2010/05/20/grant-papers-online/

      Harry

    • DPowell334@AOL.COM
      Message 2 of 4 , May 20, 2010
        Last Weekend I was at a conference in chattanooga, Histhorians of the Western Theater of the ACW. Both John Marzalak and Mike Ballard were present - they are the editors for the Grant project since John Y. Simon's passing.

        the collection is pretty amazing. John and Mike described the access, and noted that there are also lots of other related documents that can be researched. The Grant society even has small ($500) research grants available that scholars can apply for.

        They invited everyone to come use the papers, or to use them online. It's a phenomenal collection. Simon apparently gathered everything extant on Grant.

        Dave Powell

      • jlawrence@kc.rr.com
        Message 3 of 4 , May 20, 2010
          Ok to post this on gdg?