FYI MANSFIELD,La

  • robertclifton1966
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 18, 2010
      I'm from Texas but had an Ancestor KIA during this battle.From the Texas in the civil war site:

      The Louisiana Division, Sons of Confederate Veterans has petitioned our state to allow us to erect a monument honoring the Sons of Louisiana that fought at Mansfield on April 8th, 1864. We are proud to announce we have been granted permission and this fine monument will be dedicated at the Mansfield Battle Park on April 10th ,2010 at 5PM, immediately following the reenactment at Pleasant Hill. We have invited several local and state politicians. The keynote speaker will be Dr. Gary Joiner, president of the Friends of the Mansfield Battlefield.
      All SCV, UDC, OCR, and reenactors are urged to attend this once in a lifetime event.

      For more info, contact me at rebelyell1861@...

      David Hill
      2nd Lt Commander
    • vck21k@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 18, 2010
        Congratulations to you all!    Victoria K.

        For more info, contact me at rebelyell1861@ comcast.net

      • huddleston.r@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 18, 2010
          While I applaud your hard work, personally, instead of statues and monuments, it seems to me that putting historic preservation money into land protection is a better use of limited funds.

          Take care,

          Bob

          Judy and Bob Huddleston
          10643 Sperry Street
          Northglenn, CO 80234-3612
          huddleston.r@...

          "The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane."
          ---Mark Twain, 1907