RE: [civilwarwest] Declaration of ratification of the treaty with the Confede

  • Joy, Mark
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 20, 2010

      I’m not aware that any tribes entered into new treaties as a result of participation in the Civil War.  There may have been, but I don’t recall running across ay reference to it.  I teach a course in federal Indian policy every few years but I don’t claim to know the details on this.

      Mark S. Joy

      Jamestown College

      Jamestown, North Dakota

      joy@...