which Atlanta book

  • pete@blueone.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 4, 2010
      When the members have read either or both of the new books on Atlanta, could we get an opinion of them, esp which is the best?
      Thanks.
      Peter Cohron
      Lexington, KY
    • NPeters102@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 4, 2010
        War Like the Thunderbolt

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 4, 2010

          It depends on what you want to know about Atlanta.  If you want to know everything about the city up to and just after the Civil War, get "Bonfire".  If you're more specifically interested in the battles for and siege of Atlanta, get "Thunderbolt".  These are not "either-or" books.  They compliment each other nicely, I think.

          Harry

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 5, 2010
            Many thanks.
            Peter

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 5, 2010
              The Russel Bond book "War Like the Thunder Bolt" is considered the better of the two. You might check the Amazon reviews to get a better idea of what people are saying.