Re: Peter J. Osterhaus: full of it ...

  • Tony
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 29, 2009
      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Harry Smeltzer" <hjs21@...> wrote:

      > There's a whole lot of typing going on here, or a
      > least a whole lot of cutting and pasting. Maybe
      > you should put this in some sort of order so
      > your point is clear, cause you lost me at "http".
      > Sometimes less is more.

      If I lost you at http, then I'll have my scribes send you the cuneiform version.

      :D

      Long story short, Osterhaus is claiming credit for suggesting the flanking attack ... but not only is he lying, he's covering up for the fact that he threw his men in piecemeal ... when he was doing anything at all. Most of the day he sat idle and unengaged, just like he did at Champion Hill. The fact that McClernand couldn't recognize how incompetent Osterhaus was nearly doomed Grant's operations against Vicksburg.