Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Mission Ridge/Glass House/Tunnel/Belle Isle:Loomis/IL26th

  • Patricia Swan
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 1, 2009
      Gerald,
      You may be interested in some photos that Gerald Hodge has on his 39th
      Georgia site. The 39th Georgia was one of two regiments that faced
      Loomis' brigade (and thus the 26th Illinois) at Missionary Ridge. The
      photos are taken around the tunnel area where the 29th came off the hill
      and captured some Union troops. His site is:
      http://www.facebook.com/index.php?lh=80f32a8617c5f99eea8f7ebbcb5520ce&#/pages/Descendants-and-Friends-of-the-39th-Georgia-Volunteer-Infantry-Regiment/136189484347?v=photos&ref=mf
      <http://www.facebook.com/index.php?lh=80f32a8617c5f99eea8f7ebbcb5520ce&#/pages/Descendants-and-Friends-of-the-39th-Georgia-Volunteer-Infantry-Regiment/136189484347?v=photos&ref=mf>Best,
      Pat