Fw: [civilwarwest] German Regiments in the Civil War

  • Joseph R. Reinhart
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17, 2009
      Group

      I only received two responses to my request for the names of German Regiments. The 9th Ohio was named twice, the 32nd Indiana was named twice and the 37th Ohio and 26th Wisconsin were each named once.

      I will not  name them all (30) but besides the 4 regiments named above there were the: 24th, 43rd, and 82nd Illinois; the 28th, 58th, 74th, 106th, 107th, and 108th Ohio, 9th Minnesota and 12th and 15th Missouri Infantry and 4th Missouri Cavalry.
      Thanks to those who participated.

      Joe