Re: [civilwarwest] Brandon Rifles?

  • James and Kathy
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 29, 2009
      Hi Hugh
       Jut a hint but they may be "Mounted Infantry" vs a strict cavalry unit.
       alot of the "Rifles" units were infantry that was mounted.
       Arkansas had a few from both sides.
       The Cherokee Rifles pop into mind off the top of my head.
       So add that to your search engine question.
       Lot's of luck finding more info.
       County Historical groups are a great help.
      Yours in service
      James Acerra