Re: The French Connection

  • James W. Durney
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 10, 2009
      I see no reason to disagree. The French wanted to follow the UK not lead BUT they were the leader in trying to take advantage of the USA being involved with the ACW. A French controled Mexico would have been a major addition to the empire.
    • Carl Williams
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 11, 2009
        I am sure they were still smarting from the outcome of the 7 yrs war, called the "French and Indian War" over here, in which they lost what had been a substantial foothold in North America... including those areas that are still French speaking.