Lorenzo Thomas' s General Order No. 67

  • Joseph R. Reinhart
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 9, 2009
      I have been trying to locate a copy of U. S. Adjutant General Lorenzo Thomas's General Order No. 67 issued in August or September 1861 advising war correspondents that they must get a commanders approval of their reports on military operations before releasing them.

      I have tried the O. R.s without success.  i would like to find it on the internet but would gladly accept a copy by e-mail or snail mail. Our local library was flooded last week and will be closed until September or later, so i cannot search there.

      Thanks
      Joe
    • Joseph R. Reinhart
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 9, 2009
        PLease cancel my request. I found the information through a Googe Book Search.

        United States, Oliver Diefendorf and Thomas M. O'Brien. General orders of the War Department, embracing the years 1861, 1862 & 1863.: Adapted specially for the use of the army and navy of the United States. Chronologically arranged ... with a full alphabetical index. (New York: Derby & Miller, 1864), 151.