"ki-yi" ?

  • Carl Williams
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 10, 2009
      from that wikipedia article, the below link, a couple of sort of funny descriptions:

      "ki-yi', & 'yip-yip-yip'"
      amongst many

      from:

      http://home.freeuk.net/gazkhan/rebelyell.htm
    • Ronald black
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 10, 2009
        What is this????

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 11, 2009
          sorry, should have made it clear we were still talking about the Rebel Yell, but it makes no sense unless you go to the link.

          --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Ronald black" <rblack0981@...> wrote:

          > What is this????

        • Tony Gunter
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 15, 2009
            --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Carl Williams" <carlw4514@...> wrote:

            > from that wikipedia article, the below link, a couple of sort of funny descriptions:
            >
            > "ki-yi', & 'yip-yip-yip'"
            > amongst many
            >
            > from:
            >
            > http://home.freeuk.net/gazkhan/rebelyell.htm

            On the wiki recording, it sounded like someone being poked with a hot iron:

            OW! OW! OOOWOOOOW!!!