Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Rebel Yell

  • Sweetsstar@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 9, 2009
      I have also read recently and I can't remember the source that the Yell was different in different parts of the country.  Different troops had a different type of yell than others.  I would guess the yell would have been a combination of Indian and Welsh, Irish and Scottish battle crys.  That makes sense.
      Susan
    • martin_winser@btopenworld.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 10, 2009
        Check out the Wikipedia entry for "Rebel Yell"..it contains links to the
        recordings made by CSA veterans...the yell probably sounded different
        to the recording - but it's the best representation we're likely to get.

        Regards

        Martin Winser

        (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221322977x1201367197/aol?redir\
        =http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd\
        =
        > JunestepsfooterNO62)

      • Carl Williams
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 10, 2009
          --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "martin_winser@..." <martin_winser@...> wrote:

          > Check out the Wikipedia entry for "Rebel Yell"..

          thanks, some confirmation also to origins there and also contemporaneous accounts section is interesting