Re: [civilwarwest] 13th Iowa Infantry

  • NPeters102@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , May 3, 2009
      Thanks Shotgun!

      Mike

      From: "Dick Weeks"
      Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 17:47:34 -0400
      To: <civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [civilwarwest] 13th Iowa Infantry

      Good idea on Dornbusch Dave. I checked that earlier in hopes that I might
      be able to help. Didn't find too much on the Internet after searching on
      Henry H. Rood and John Wesley Eyestone. However, they did make me think of
      something. I have a lot of regiments listed on the old LSU site that I now
      maintain. When I looked up the 13th Iowa I found that most of what was
      there was from the Official Records. However, there is a link to some
      letters by Seneca Thrall, also mentioned in Dornbusch. Since Mike mentioned
      letters in his original request these might be helpful.

      http://www.civilwar archive.com/ Unreghst/ uniainf2. htm#13thinf

      Dick (a.k.a. Shotgun)
      http://www.civilwar home.com

      Message 2 of 9 , May 3, 2009
        >Does anyone know of a good reference for the 13th Iowa Infantry?

        Try this site - http://iagenweb.org/civilwar/books/logan/mil405.htm

        Lots of detailed info on the 13th Iowa, including correspondence.

        Regards, Dave Gorski
      • NPeters102@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , May 3, 2009
          Thanks again!