RE: [civilwarwest] Cigars? What proof is there?

  • John D. Beatty
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 27, 2009
      Other than thousands of corroborated eyewitnesses and a handful of photographs, none.  Can't say that about drinking.

      John D. Beatty
      Co-Author of "What Were They Thinking" from Merriam Press/Lulu
      "History is our only test for the consequences of ideas"

      A cabinet is an inanimate object that could have been used to carry cigars, and may well have been so utilized.  It does not prove that Grant did anything at all with it.

    • Harry Smeltzer
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 27, 2009

        Other than thousands of corroborated eyewitnesses and a handful of photographs, none.  Can't say that about drinking.