Re: Grant and his Boozing

  • Carl Williams
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 27, 2009
      > I believe that he would fit more into category # 2. I base this on reports on his character from people that knew him well, including his son Frederick and Russel.
      >
      > JEJ

      Possibly "in between" types 2 and 3, #3 being in a category of problem drinker. I base this on wanting to believe that there was something to it beyond mere speculation, something baseless would have a harder time "getting legs." His sons might have wanted to hush up things somewhat. But I also could believe some incidents got exaggerated.

      _

      1]Near T-totallers who are nonetheless sometimes seen to take a drink.
      2]People who drink, but have few issues with dysfunction.
      3]Problem drinkers who sober up when there is a job to be done.
      4]Problem drinkers who drink on the job, with some degree of dysfunction.
      5]Those with many dysfunctional problems clearly heading to late-stage
      alcoholism
      6]Late-stage alcoholic completely dysfunctional in any kind of job