Re: [civilwarwest] Re: sherman's better opponent / Bragg

  • SDE80@aol.com
    Message 1 of 31 , Apr 2, 2009
      Cleburne did well, but he faced Sherman with the advantage of terrain and about 50% of the Army of Tennessee within supporting distance.   Bragg correctly surmised that Grant would make his major effort on the northern end of Missionary Ridge, and deployed his troops accordingly.

      Sam Elliott

      In a message dated 4/2/2009 1:21:35 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, LWhite64@... writes:

      A little bit of all of the above, although mostly on Cleburne and Sherman.

      Lee

      Message 31 of 31 , Apr 8, 2009
        Point is basing future operations based on what the enemy may or may not do is less planning than it is praying.

        John D. Beatty
        Co-Author of "What Were They Thinking" from Merriam Press/Lulu
        "History is our only test for the consequences of ideas"