Re: Civil War Talk Radio/New Orleans Revisited

  • Carl Williams
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 7, 2009
      thanks very much to all.

      I may be able to post my little story of post-civil war German/Reb altercation pretty soon. It does involve Texas!

      I did find the following interesting:

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forty-Eighters
    • Joseph R. Reinhart
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 7, 2009
        Carl
        You are probably aware of it but the best source for info about Germans in the Confederacy is a book entitled Foreigners in the Confederacy written by Ella Lonn. It was reprinted in paperback a year or so ago by Univ. of N. C. Press. The work is dated and contains some stereotypes but also a wealth of information.
        Joe

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 8, 2009

          Hi Carl, this is exactly de information I have regarding the Germans ...Thanks !

          - Raul

          Click here to find the perfect picture with our powerful photo search features.