Battle of Mace's Hole at the Royal Gorge Bridge and Park June 2009

  • Jason Unwin
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2009
      Here is a notice about an event being held at the
      Royal Gorge and Park located near Canon City,
      Colorado. This is a unique location for a Civil War
      battle. I look forward to meeting you all. Feel free
      to share this message with anyone you think might be
      interested.

      SPECIAL NOTICE: Reenactors traveling 100 miles or more
      have the choice of either powder or travel money. All
      other reenactors receive 1 lb. Powder

      Jason Unwin
      Ordnance Sergeant
      5th Texas Field Artillery

      Attached you will find the Registration Form for the
      Battle of Mace's Hole. If you plan to participate,
      please complete the form and return as soon as
      possible. If you don't plan to participate and would
      like to make a tax deductible donation, we will take
      that too. Make all checks payable to Keeping History
      Alive. (a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization)

      Event schedule (tentative)
      Friday
      Grounds open at 1200 for camp setup
      Saturday
      0800 -- officers call
      0900 -- camps open to public
      1100 -- battle across the bridge in to the old west
      town
      1800 -- supper for all participants and family
      2030 -- night battle
      Sunday
      0800 -- officers call
      0900 -- church services
      1100 -- battle across the bridge in to the old west
      town
      Break camp after battle

      Dr. Mallin presentations will be announced later.

      I look forward to hearing from each of you.

      Y.O.S.
      Capt. Bill Hutto
      5th TX Artillery
      --------------------------CUT HERE--------------------
      4th Annual Battle of Mace’s Hole

      June 27 – 28, 2009
      Royal Gorge Bridge and Park

      Registration Form:

      Print Name:
      _____________________________________Telephone
      ___________________________
      Address:

      City: __________________________ State: ____ Zip:
      ____________

      Affiliation:

      Perks include:

      Reenactors traveling 100 miles or more have the choice
      of either powder or travel money. All other reenactors
      receive 1 lb. Powder

      CHECK ONE:

       Powder Rations

       Travel Expense