RE: [SPAM]Re: [civilwarwest] Forum Guidelines For Consideration

  • Tom Mix
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2009

      No, unfortunately, Ricky, it is quite alive and well.  While living more low key they still exist and are around. Several years ago there was a huge Klan rally in the downtown of an east side suburb of where I live.  They were not allowed to wear masks and some local residents were quite shocked to see what some of there co-workers really thought and did on their free time.  It was socially interesting and pathetic.

      Today they try to hide behind several titles like the one in question here, as it is a more common and well known one than most Klan cover titles.

      You are right that many neo-Nazis are involved and, unfortunately, many are ex-military who joined recently to gain combat experience to learn talents to bring back to their organization upon leaving.  That is not a pleasant thought, but it is well known and a fact, a very sad fact.

      It sure isn’t 1866 but it still isn’t a totally clean time either.  As I understand they had/have a huge bounty on our President.  I hope it is just rumor but don’t think so. I think we would have to be naïve to believe that. Just look at the crowd reactions at the Sarah Palin rallies with “Kill him” yelled loud and frequently and never responded to by Palin.   McCain, to his honor and credit, tried to put some but not all of that down but not Palin.

      1866 lives on in many sad and pathetic ways.

      Tom

      From: Tom Mix <tmix@insightbb. com>
      To: civilwarwest@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Sunday, February 1, 2009, 2:50 PM

      Good job, Dick.

      I do not feel it is a reflection on you or the moderators in general that it reached me.  I just had no idea where it came from and wondered if anyone else had received the same.  As I despise anything KKK related, and to me this is, I wondered who sent it to me.  I had some ideas and a mass mailing was one of several possibilities that I considered and this one apparently proved to be true

      Thanks,

      Tom

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2009
        One remarkable thing from the rejected post was the extent to which
        traffic on their site has increased since October.

        From what folks said in response to my earlier query about
        sesquicentennial activities in Tennessee, I'm assuming that Virginia
        will once again highly publicize the happenings in the Civil War East
        during the sesquicentennial, while the western states will be content to
        play a much reduced role. Perhaps we westerners are just too modest.
        It's almost like a replay of the way things were during the war, with
        the eastern press coverage being much more intensive than that in the west.

        pat-estelle

      • Sweetsstar@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 2009
          Interesting I received an email from lostbutfound3 asking me to post something for him which I will not do.  I couldn't even figure out what he was saying.  I have no idea who Richard is that is this lostbutfound .  Sure surpised me to get something to post for him.
          Shotgun if you want me to forward it to you I will do that.
          Susan

          From Wall Street to Main Street and everywhere in between, stay up-to-date with the latest news.