Re: [SPAM]Re: [civilwarwest] Forum Guidelines For Consideration

  • Dick Weeks
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2009
      For those of you that have received personal emails inviting you to join that group, I sincerely apologize.  The only way for the individual who sent them to have gotten your email address was from this group.  As you know when you make a post your email address is displayed.  Not something that I like but it is the way Yahoo sets its groups up.  I try to evaluate, as best I can, every one seeking membership to this group before approving them but some slip by.  You would not believe how many applications I have disapproved.  If it is any consolation I have removed this person from the group. I also deleted the message concerning his group.

      Dick (a.k.a. Shotgun)
      http://www.civilwarhome.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2009

        Good job, Dick.

        I do not feel it is a reflection on you or the moderators in general that it reached me.  I just had no idea where it came from and wondered if anyone else had received the same.  As I despise anything KKK related, and to me this is, I wondered who sent it to me.  I had some ideas and a mass mailing was one of several possibilities that I considered and this one apparently proved to be true.

        Thanks,

        Tom

[...]

        From Wall Street to Main Street and everywhere in between, stay up-to-date with the latest news.

      • Ricky Washburn
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 2009

           Just out of curiosity, only having a basis knowledge of the KGC, but why does it seem anything thaat is pro southern automaticlly linked to the Klan, which also seems to be quite dead, except for some neo-nazis who just want the image

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 1, 2009

            No, unfortunately, Ricky, it is quite alive and well.  While living more low key they still exist and are around. Several years ago there was a huge Klan rally in the downtown of an east side suburb of where I live.  They were not allowed to wear masks and some local residents were quite shocked to see what some of there co-workers really thought and did on their free time.  It was socially interesting and pathetic.

            Today they try to hide behind several titles like the one in question here, as it is a more common and well known one than most Klan cover titles.

            You are right that many neo-Nazis are involved and, unfortunately, many are ex-military who joined recently to gain combat experience to learn talents to bring back to their organization upon leaving.  That is not a pleasant thought, but it is well known and a fact, a very sad fact.

            It sure isn’t 1866 but it still isn’t a totally clean time either.  As I understand they had/have a huge bounty on our President.  I hope it is just rumor but don’t think so. I think we would have to be naïve to believe that. Just look at the crowd reactions at the Sarah Palin rallies with “Kill him” yelled loud and frequently and never responded to by Palin.   McCain, to his honor and credit, tried to put some but not all of that down but not Palin.

            1866 lives on in many sad and pathetic ways.

            Tom

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 1, 2009
              One remarkable thing from the rejected post was the extent to which
              traffic on their site has increased since October.

              From what folks said in response to my earlier query about
              sesquicentennial activities in Tennessee, I'm assuming that Virginia
              will once again highly publicize the happenings in the Civil War East
              during the sesquicentennial, while the western states will be content to
              play a much reduced role. Perhaps we westerners are just too modest.
              It's almost like a replay of the way things were during the war, with
              the eastern press coverage being much more intensive than that in the west.

              pat-estelle

            • Sweetsstar@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 1, 2009
                Interesting I received an email from lostbutfound3 asking me to post something for him which I will not do.  I couldn't even figure out what he was saying.  I have no idea who Richard is that is this lostbutfound .  Sure surpised me to get something to post for him.
                Shotgun if you want me to forward it to you I will do that.
                Susan

                From Wall Street to Main Street and everywhere in between, stay up-to-date with the latest news.