Re: [civilwarwest] Fw: Civil War : Rebel Private

  • Bob Huddleston
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 14, 2008
      Somehow  I suspect that it will be from a WHITE Southerner viewpoint, keeping slavery out of sight.....
      Take care,

      Bob

      Judy and Bob Huddleston
      10643 Sperry Street
      Northglenn, CO  80234-3612
      huddleston.r@...

      “Le sens communn’est pas si commun.”  Voltaire

      Harry Smeltzer wrote:

      Deeply Southern?

      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 14, 2008

        I believe I can see a big helping of “the cause” from here already.

        Tom

        huddleston.r@ comcast.net

        “Le sens communn’est pas si commun.”  Voltaire

        Harry Smeltzer wrote:

        Deeply Southern?

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 14, 2008
          some of these movie projects can be quite mysterious. I would tend to
          class this as one of them. I'd go to see it, if it was ever made, I think.
        • keeno2@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 14, 2008
            Good, bad, or indifferent; I'll go see it IF it can get some backers. Could it be any worse than "Birth of a Nation"?

            Ole

          • Carl Williams
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 14, 2008
              It's supposed to be about Hood's Texas Brigade. Great story. Good luck
              to them.

            • DPowell334@AOL.COM
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 15, 2008
                Assuming it can get distribution. There are many films every year who never even get shown in indy or art theaters.

                Still, there's always DVD

                Dave Powell

                In a message dated 11/14/2008 5:12:21 P.M. Central Standard Time, carlw4514@... writes:
                some of these movie projects can be quite mysterious. I would tend to
                class this as one of them. I'd go to see it, if it was ever made, I think.

              • joey_gangler
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 16, 2008
                  Well I just looked over the site and saw on of the teasers. I can see
                  bad uniforms, bad equipment, horrid reenactor footage, and forced
                  Southern acents.

                  --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, DPowell334@... wrote:

                  > Assuming it can get distribution. There are many films every year
                  who never
                  > even get shown in indy or art theaters.
                  >
                  > Still, there's always DVD
                  >
                  > Dave Powell
                  >

                  > In a message dated 11/14/2008 5:12:21 P.M. Central Standard Time,
                  > carlw4514@... writes:
                  >
                  > some of these movie projects can be quite mysterious. I would tend
                  > class this as one of them. I'd go to see it, if it was ever made,
                  I think.

                  > **************Get the Moviefone Toolbar. Showtimes, theaters, movie
                  news &
                  > more!
                  (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1212774565x1200812037/aol?
                  redir=htt
                  > p://toolbar.aol.com/moviefone/download.html?
                  ncid=emlcntusdown00000001)