Fw: Civil War : Rebel Private

  • rbaquero@netzero.net
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 14, 2008

      ---------- Forwarded Message ----------

      New Motion Picture About the War from a Southern View!

      Heartland Pictures is in the final phase of putting together the financing and planning production for a new motion picture "Rebel Private" written and directed by Chuck Untersee which will feature the War from the Southern view!

      "Rebel Private" will be filmed in Texas, Louisiana and Virginia. The writer-director, Chuck Untersee, is a Texan and twenty year veteran of the Hollywood film industry. Through burning zeal to illustrate aesthetic purity of the time by a visually driven romantic story and intimate combat intensity of the D-Day invasion in Saving Private Ryan, to the poignant relationships of Cold Mountain, he will create a visceral and riveting film. Rebel Private will be a deeply Southern, highly aesthetic, historically accurate, non "commercial" portrayal of the period. It is our intent to make the audience laugh, cry and most importantly...to think.

      If you are interested in participating in any way with the production of this movie, or just want more information about it, contact Chuck through the website at www.RebelPrivate.com

      Reach your goals of being healthier and happier. Click here for diet tips and solutions.

    • Harry Smeltzer
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 14, 2008

        Deeply Southern?

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 14, 2008
          Somehow  I suspect that it will be from a WHITE Southerner viewpoint, keeping slavery out of sight.....
          Take care,

          Bob

          Judy and Bob Huddleston
          10643 Sperry Street
          Northglenn, CO  80234-3612
          huddleston.r@...

          “Le sens communn’est pas si commun.”  Voltaire

          Harry Smeltzer wrote:

          Deeply Southern?

          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 14, 2008

            I believe I can see a big helping of “the cause” from here already.

            Tom

            huddleston.r@ comcast.net

            “Le sens communn’est pas si commun.”  Voltaire

            Harry Smeltzer wrote:

            Deeply Southern?

            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 14, 2008
              some of these movie projects can be quite mysterious. I would tend to
              class this as one of them. I'd go to see it, if it was ever made, I think.
            • keeno2@aol.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 14, 2008
                Good, bad, or indifferent; I'll go see it IF it can get some backers. Could it be any worse than "Birth of a Nation"?

                Ole

              • Carl Williams
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 14, 2008
                  It's supposed to be about Hood's Texas Brigade. Great story. Good luck
                  to them.

                • DPowell334@AOL.COM
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 15, 2008
                    Assuming it can get distribution. There are many films every year who never even get shown in indy or art theaters.

                    Still, there's always DVD

                    Dave Powell

                    In a message dated 11/14/2008 5:12:21 P.M. Central Standard Time, carlw4514@... writes:
                    some of these movie projects can be quite mysterious. I would tend to
                    class this as one of them. I'd go to see it, if it was ever made, I think.

                  • joey_gangler
                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 16, 2008
                      Well I just looked over the site and saw on of the teasers. I can see
                      bad uniforms, bad equipment, horrid reenactor footage, and forced
                      Southern acents.

                      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, DPowell334@... wrote:

                      > Assuming it can get distribution. There are many films every year
                      who never
                      > even get shown in indy or art theaters.
                      >
                      > Still, there's always DVD
                      >
                      > Dave Powell
                      >

                      > In a message dated 11/14/2008 5:12:21 P.M. Central Standard Time,
                      > carlw4514@... writes:
                      >
                      > some of these movie projects can be quite mysterious. I would tend
                      > class this as one of them. I'd go to see it, if it was ever made,
                      I think.

                      > **************Get the Moviefone Toolbar. Showtimes, theaters, movie
                      news &
                      > more!
                      (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1212774565x1200812037/aol?
                      redir=htt
                      > p://toolbar.aol.com/moviefone/download.html?
                      ncid=emlcntusdown00000001)