Re: [civilwarwest] CONFEDERATE ORDER OF COLORS--Interesting

  • rbaquero@netzero.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 9, 2008

       Hi Mr Smith ! :

                           I want to thank you for sending us this very interesting information, this is one of the historic facts we unusable see or read, I,  myself the " Stars and Bars " pin and flag is the one I always were,  more when I attended the Civil War Re-enactments, the following is a description I have regarding  this First National Confederate Flag :

      ..." It was raised, nonetheless, on March 4, 1861, the day Abraham Lincoln was sworn into office, it flew over official buildings and by many military units including Gen Robert E. Lee H.Q.for the next two years ." two men claimed to have the designed it, one was Nicola Marschall, and artist from Alabama and the other was Orren Smith from North Carolina .

                        I hope comments and articles like this one will continue coming to our List, sincerely your humble servant .

      - Raul Hernandez-Baquero

      Click here and choose from thousands of high quality used cars.
    • lostbutfound3@juno.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 9, 2008
        Raul,

        I am soon to write a small phamplet on the subject not much bigger than the article posted on Confederate colors.

        Have found an 1896 newspaper clipping regarding a United Confederate Veterans meeting. Stated therein are mentions of "Confederate colors" and "National colors", the later obviously being red, white and blue.

        Kind regards,

        Gary
        Start providing for your family by becoming a paralegal. Click Now.
        http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2121/fc/Ioyw6i3nffPV7aFJVhhinR5yG1pO5KpRYKffoZgOm6zMp75j7oZtf3/?count=1234567890