Re: [civilwarwest] Gen. James S. Robinson/ 82nd Ohio Infantry

  • Joseph R. Reinhart
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 5, 2008
      Kent
      Regarding the letter about General Robinson, I believe that the letter actually states that his former regiment, and not he, was distinguished by controversy and drunkenness. It was originally written in German and translated by someone else. After obtaining the original untranslated letter it appears that the translation I had was incorrect and was not referring to Gen. Robinson. The reason I asked if anyone had seen any similar allegations is because my prior research did not reveal that these allegations were true for Gen. Robinson. I have not found anything to indicate the same was true for the 82nd Ohio but wanted to see if anyone else had any information about this allegation.
      Joe

      On Sep 29, 2008, at 6:50 PM, DORR64OVI@... wrote:

      In a message dated 9/29/2008 7:10:16 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, sixthky@bellsouth. net writes:

      I have a letter that accuses Gen. James S. Robinson, former colonel of the 82nd Ohio of being distinguished by controversy and drunkenness. Has anyone see similar allegations before?
      Thanks
      Joe
      Joe...who wrote the letter and when was it written?  A descendant of Robinson lives here in Mansfield Ohio and I can get message to him about this if you can provide more details.

      Kent Dorr

      Looking for simple solutions to your real-life financial challenges? Check out WalletPop for the latest news and information, tips and calculators.