RE: [civilwarwest] Re: Bowen at Big Black Bridge

  • Tom Mix
    Message 1 of 23 , Sep 11, 2008

      John,

      I seem to be having some problem getting this though. You can reach me off line at tmix@...

      Tom

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Tom Mix [mailto:tmix@...]
      Sent:
      Thursday, September 11, 2008 4:15 PM
      To: 'civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com'
      Subject: FW: [civilwarwest] Re: Bowen at
      Big Black Bridge

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Tom Mix [mailto:tmix@...]
      Sent:
      Thursday, September 11, 2008 4:04 PM
      To: 'civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com'
      Subject: RE: [civilwarwest] Re: Bowen at
      Big Black Bridge

      John,

      The Gamers still exist but were bought my Multi Man Publishing (MMP) and are now a sub group of it. MMP is owned by Red Sox great Curt Schilling who is an avid gamer too.  (and I’m an avid Red Sox fan.)

      You can find them at MultiManPublishing.com  or multimanpublishing.com which ever works.   Click on The Gamers, then Civil War Brigade series and you’ll find all of their available games. Champion Hill is still available for $28.  It is the best ACW series I have ever played. They also have a great Napoleonic series based  on the same system.

      Good luck, if I can be any help, let me know,

      Tom

      From: Tom Mix <tmix@insightbb. com>
      Big Black Bridge
      To: civilwarwest@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Tuesday, September 9, 2008, 6:06 PM

      Thanks so much, Carl, for the honest appraisal.  I think I’ll take your advice and pass on it. Bowen was an excellent General but not a Stonewall.  He did work better with others than Jackson and that speaks well of Bowen, who from readings was an excellent Division and Corps commander. It sounds like it may be better to just pick up information on him by reading books devoted to subjects where he was involved like Champion Hill which has had some fine books on it over the last several years.

      If anyone out there board games, The Gamers “Champion Hill” is an excellent game and Bowen shines with a well deserved high rating in it.  Thanks to him and failure to get orders through I lost that battle once.  But not the next time.

      Tom

      Message 2 of 23 , Sep 11, 2008

        Absolutely, Bowen virtually marched right past McClernand’s front to reinforce Champion Hill with McClernand doing nothing at all about it.  He may have taken a photo or two, sold a tourist map to the Rebs or asked for their vote for not bothering them in their travels.

        Tom

        Message 3 of 23 , Sep 11, 2008
          Being a Red Sox fan, anything you say can and will be used against you. You have the right to remain silent. You have the right to counsel and, if you can't afford it, counsel will be provided to you at no cost.

          Aren't the Red Sox in the Eastern Theater? Foul!

          ken

        • DORR64OVI@aol.com
          Message 4 of 23 , Sep 11, 2008
            In a message dated 9/11/2008 10:04:15 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, keeno2@... writes:
            Aren't the Red Sox in the Eastern Theater? Foul!
            The Red Sox comprise an entire Nation...where have you been?

            Kent Dorr
            Tribe fan

          • Tom Mix
            Message 5 of 23 , Sep 11, 2008

              Ken,

              Well, I guess I’ll have to plead guilty to all charges.  Is my sentence to set in side the Green Monster with the rats?

              Tom

              Message 6 of 23 , Sep 11, 2008

                Great point!!! I have my defense council. And I am a charter member of Red Sox Nation too.

                Thanks, Kent!

                Tom

                The Tribe is finally playing better. “Cy” Lee has saved their season from being a total loss.

                Message 7 of 23 , Sep 13, 2008
                  Did you say White Sox or Red Sox.......you are a White Sox fan like me right?
                  anyway Chicago is further west .

                    Message 9 of 23 , Sep 13, 2008
                      LOL you guys are funny

                        Message 11 of 23 , Sep 14, 2008

                          RED Sox

                          Message 12 of 23 , Sep 14, 2008

                            Loyal, devoted, fanatical and perhaps a bit pathetic Boston Red Sox fans!!