FW: [civilwarwest] Re: Bowen at Big Black Bridge

  • Tom Mix
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11, 2008

      From: Tom Mix [mailto:tmix@...]
      Sent:
      Thursday, September 11, 2008 4:04 PM
      To: 'civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com'
      Subject: RE: [civilwarwest] Re: Bowen at
      Big Black Bridge

      John,

      The Gamers still exist but were bought my Multi Man Publishing (MMP) and are now a sub group of it. MMP is owned by Red Sox great Curt Schilling who is an avid gamer too.  (and I’m an avid Red Sox fan.)

      You can find them at MultiManPublishing.com  or multimanpublishing.com which ever works.   Click on The Gamers, then Civil War Brigade series and you’ll find all of their available games. Champion Hill is still available for $28.  It is the best ACW series I have ever played. They also have a great Napoleonic series based  on the same system.

      Good luck, if I can be any help, let me know,

      Tom

      From: Tom Mix <tmix@insightbb. com>
      Big Black Bridge
      To: civilwarwest@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Tuesday, September 9, 2008, 6:06 PM

      Thanks so much, Carl, for the honest appraisal.  I think I’ll take your advice and pass on it. Bowen was an excellent General but not a Stonewall.  He did work better with others than Jackson and that speaks well of Bowen, who from readings was an excellent Division and Corps commander. It sounds like it may be better to just pick up information on him by reading books devoted to subjects where he was involved like Champion Hill which has had some fine books on it over the last several years.

      If anyone out there board games, The Gamers “Champion Hill” is an excellent game and Bowen shines with a well deserved high rating in it.  Thanks to him and failure to get orders through I lost that battle once.  But not the next time.

      Tom