Re: [civilwarwest] Just an Idea From the List Owner

  • Gerald Doolen
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 11 9:47 AM
      2008Aug11
      Not for me, this one is just fine.
      Keep up the good work.

      --- On Thu, 8/7/08, Dick Weeks <shotgun@...> wrote:
      From: Dick Weeks <shotgun@...>
      To: civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, August 7, 2008, 11:51 PM

      Since this last dust up I have done a lot of thinking about the group.
      There appears to crop up every so often those that just refuse to follow the
      rules of this group. I suppose that they are used to groups that are not as
      tightly monitored as this one is. It occurred to me that many of those that
      have lost their membership in this group might like another one that they
      can freely express their opinions in. Many that have been unsubscribed seem
      to have a lot to offer and except for their inability to follow the rules
      would have been welcome in this one. The rules of this group were set up so
      I could learn without being distracted by some nut job that simply wanted to
      express an opinion.

      Now, knowing that many of these individuals have a lot to offer if only they
      could follow the rules, I thought that I might set up a discussion group
      where the only rules would be that you cannot use curse words and you could
      not directly attack an individual that made a post. In other words you
      could attack a post for it content but not the person who made the post.
      This would be a group where all aspects of the Civil War could be discussed.

      If any of you are interested in a group such as this just send me a private
      email to shotgun@civilwarhom e.com saying simply "Sign me up" and I will set
      up a holding area for these emails. It is a very simple operation to put
      you in the new group if you are already a member of this one. If and when I
      get 30 members who want to join I will set the group up and advertise it on
      my website. I will ask none of my friends to moderate this group. I will
      handle this one myself. Believe me you will learn to love Pat when you see
      how I do things. This will take some time to do but I want to give those
      that want to discuss all of the Civil War and feel welcome. This is just in
      the planning stages and I am looking forward to your responses. Please make
      them all to my private email.

      Dick (a.k.a. Shotgun)
      http://www.civilwar home.com