Bart Book 2 - Over the Mountains - Coming soon

  • M. E. Heatherington
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2008

      Bart Book 2 is finally on its way!

      I don’t know exactly when it will be available, but I’m guessing not until some time in September.  When I do know for sure that it is available, I’ll send you another notice.  Here’s what I do know:

      •  The title is OVER THE MOUNTAINS.
      • The ISBN number is 0-595-53198-9.  This is extremely useful to know, especially since — like Book 1 — you will need to order Book 2 on-line, or have your regular bookstore do the ordering for you.  You can order through any bookstore with an on-line presence (I favor Barnes & Noble or Amazon, myself) or directly through the publisher at www.iuniverse.com.
      • Book 2 is about the same length as Book 1 but moves faster; Bart and his cavalry, in fact, swarm all over East Tennessee and a tiny bit intoGeorgia and North Carolina .
      • The presiding general throughout this book is Ambrose Burnside, as Benjamin Grierson was in Book 1.
      • The action in the book takes place during the last six months of 1863, July through December.  It picks up where Book 1, ACROSS THE RIVER, ends.  Book 2 ends just after the Battles of Chattanooga.
      • I won’t be giving away many surprises if I tell you that Bart marries Livvy early on and that he is promoted a couple of times during the course of the book’s actions.

      Book 2 was great fun to write, and I’m looking forward to Book 3, which is Bart and General Sherman in Georgia and the Carolinas .  I truly hope that Book 3 will not take so long to emerge as Book 2 did.

      Film, and release-date update, at 11...