Bart Book 2 - Over the Mountains - Coming soon
Bart Book 2 is finally on its way!
I don’t know exactly when it will be available, but I’m guessing not until some time in September. When I do know for sure that it is available, I’ll send you another notice. Here’s what I do know:
- The title is OVER THE MOUNTAINS.
- The ISBN number is 0-595-53198-9. This is extremely useful to know,
especially since — like Book 1 — you will need to order Book 2 on-line, or
have your regular bookstore do the ordering for you. You can order through any bookstore
with an on-line presence (I favor Barnes & Noble or Amazon, myself) or
directly through the publisher at www.iuniverse.com.
- Book 2 is about the same length as Book 1 but
moves faster; Bart and his cavalry, in fact, swarm all over East Tennessee and
a tiny bit intoGeorgia and
North Carolina .
- The presiding general throughout this book is
Ambrose Burnside, as Benjamin Grierson was in Book 1.
- The action in the book takes place during the
last six months of 1863, July through December. It picks up where Book 1, ACROSS THE
RIVER, ends. Book 2 ends just
after the Battles of Chattanooga.
- I won’t be giving away many surprises if I tell you that Bart marries Livvy early on and that he is promoted a couple of times during the course of the book’s actions.
Book 2 was great fun to write, and I’m looking forward to Book 3, which is Bart and General Sherman in Georgia and the Carolinas . I truly hope that Book 3 will not take so long to emerge as Book 2 did.
Film, and release-date update, at 11...