Re: [civilwarwest] Grenville Dodge

  • Jason van Teylingen
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 13, 2008
      I beleieve he took a big part in building the transcontinental railroad

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 13, 2008
        In a message dated 6/13/2008 10:13:43 A.M. Central Daylight Time, jvt1976@... writes:
        I beleieve he took a big part in building the transcontinental railroad
        That was in there, too. I just concentrated on the Indian Wars part of the listing. Dodge is mentioned many times in the developmental history of Iowa -- apparently a late blooming tycoon.

        He was also in command when Sam Davis was hung. Seems he had little sympathy for Confederate spies while having a far-flung network of his own.