Howdy

  • Chadd M. Vail
    Message 1 of 1 , May 27 9:33 PM
      First off would like to thank the moderator for allowing me to be a
      member of this fine forums.

      A little about me:

      I have been doing research on the Civil War since I was old enough to
      listen to my Grandfather talk about the Civil War. Then I started
      reading about it and like many of you I am sure, I started reading
      about Gettysburg, Antietam, First and Second Bull Run, Chickamauga,
      Atlanta Campaign and others. As years went by I started going deeper
      into the smaller battles and somtimes no more than a skirmish or two.
      I have been back and forth between Ohio (Where I am from) and South
      Carolina for most of my life. Now I am back in S.C. for a short
      period of time and its just now I started getting interested in
      Sherman's March Through South Carolina. I am currently doing research
      for a book I am writing on a small battle known as the Battle of
      Congaree Creek. It was the last battle in South Carolina fought
      before the fall of Columbia near what is now Cayce South Carolina.

      Also I am a part time re-enactor, from 2006-2008 I tried to start my
      own unit which got nowhere so I just recently disbanded it. Now
      basically just falling in with whoever etc.

      Anyways looking forward to some good chats with you all. Again want
      to thank the moderator for letting me on.

      God Bless
      Chadd M. Vail