RE: [civilwarwest] Re: Bloody Bill

  • Tom Mix
    Message 1 of 18 , May 23, 2008

      Fair question.  I have not seen anything from them on this site in quite a long time but then I have not seen much at all on this site in a long time.  To me they are a bit too dedicated to their admiration of Anderson, who, IMO, was no one to admire. Just a cold blooded killer who enjoyed his work a bit too much.

      Tom

      Message 2 of 18 , May 23, 2008

        No problem. Heck, I’ve only had one of four posted so you’re the lucky one to get on board.

        From: Sally Goodson <sallyfromhouston@ yahoo.com>
        To: civilwarwest@ yahoogroups. com
        Date: Friday, May 23, 2008, 9:59 PM

        My grandfather is James Columbus Anderson of Brownwood, a nephew to William Columbus Anderson. I was banned from a Bloody Bill Yahoo group. Now, on another Bloody Bill Mystery Solved site, we are having problems.

        The other problem is not being able to ask questions about my own family on some genealogy sites because of the distruption to the group by some people.

        I didn't mean to start anything. I just saw the first remark and responded.

        Steven Lee <stevarino1961@ yahoo.com> wrote:

                Very familiar with them... Why?

        "Sally G." <sallyfromhouston@ yahoo.com> wrote:

        My hand is raised.

        --- In civilwarwest@ yahoogroups. com, "t_lind" <tagate@...> wrote:

        > Hi
        > How many groups have problem with the Bloody Bill group

      • Sally Goodson
        Message 3 of 18 , May 24, 2008
          We went through her group memberships and we agreed she should remove herself from a couple of the boards once I told her that as family we want no more problems. Again my apologies to this group. I won't mention anything again.

          Message 4 of 18 , May 24, 2008
            I was but Reg just removed herself tonight when I told that I had been.

            Steven Lee <stevarino1961@...> wrote:
                     You were banned from "Bloody Bill Mystery Group?  From automated email, says you unsubscribed. .. Oh well...  Does'nt really have anything to do with this group...???

            Message 5 of 18 , May 24, 2008
              One of the things I am trying to research which lead me to join is the exemption from the conscript for men living in frontier counties in Texas. I'm not sure if I ever had the time to ask if anyone had information or could point me to information about this. I have information about the governor of Texas allowing an exemption so that men could protect the frontier from Indian attacks. I was just wondering if there were any official records siting who had ben exempt.

              Message 6 of 18 , May 24, 2008
                Yes, Tom, I think it is a puzzle. There might be some mixed up people
                who want to think John Wilkes Booth died in Oklahoma in the 20th
                century, but we don't seem to have a modern day heated debate on the
                internet about the matter.

                Carl

                > Fair question. I have not seen anything from them on this site in
                quite a
                > long time but then I have not seen much at all on this site in a
                long time.
                > To me they are a bit too dedicated to their admiration of Anderson, who,
                > IMO, was no one to admire. Just a cold blooded killer who enjoyed
                his work a
                > bit too much.
                >
                > Tom

              • Tom Mix
                Message 7 of 18 , May 24, 2008

                  Agreed.

                  No matter how delusional or warped Booth may have been he had a plan limited to killing a few people for, in his bazaar mind, would aid in his political aims through their deaths.  Where as Bloody Bill just used war as an excuse to kill and to kill often and to kill any one.

                  Tom