RE: [civilwarwest] Re: Bloody Bill

  • Tom Mix
    Message 1 of 18 , May 23 3:44 PM

      Sorry, I meant: Twice “IF” allowed.”

      -----Original Message-----
      From: civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com [mailto:civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Tom Mix
      Sent: Friday, May 23, 2008 5:24 PM
      To: civilwarwest@yahoogroupscom
      Subject: RE: [civilwarwest] Re: Bloody Bill

      My hand is up too. Twice is allowed.

      Tom

      -----Original Message-----
      From: civilwarwest@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:civilwarwes t@yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of Sally G.
      Sent: Friday, May 23, 2008 11:17 AM
      To: civilwarwest@ yahoogroupscom
      Subject: [civilwarwest] Re: Bloody Bill

      My hand is raised

      --- In civilwarwest@ yahoogroups. com, "t_lind" <tagate@...> wrote:

      > Hi
      > How many groups have problem with the Bloody Bill group

    • Tom Mix
      Message 2 of 18 , May 23 7:38 PM

        Fair question.  I have not seen anything from them on this site in quite a long time but then I have not seen much at all on this site in a long time.  To me they are a bit too dedicated to their admiration of Anderson, who, IMO, was no one to admire. Just a cold blooded killer who enjoyed his work a bit too much.

        Tom

        > How many groups have problem with the Bloody Bill group

      • Regina Hall
        Message 3 of 18 , May 23 8:46 PM
          Sorry for the double post. I'm visiting a cousin for the holiday. She's into the family search and is a member of a number of the same groups, etc. I will never live this down. She still teases me for telling her to "come to the pencil and get a phone" when I was a kid. She's older. I can get even by saying that..............She was logged into Yahoo so when I sat down I saw the reply to my post and just sent the answer without even thinking twice. My mind is in holiday mode. Again, so so sorry.

          Message 4 of 18 , May 23 8:53 PM
                     You were banned from "Bloody Bill Mystery Group?  From automated email, says you unsubscribed... Oh well...  Does'nt really have anything to do with this group...???

            Message 5 of 18 , May 23 8:54 PM

              No problem. Heck, I’ve only had one of four posted so you’re the lucky one to get on board.

              Sorry for the double post. I'm visiting a cousin for the holiday. She's into the family search and is a member of a number of the same groups, etc. I will never live this down. She still teases me for telling her to "come to the pencil and get a phone" when I was a kid. She's older. I can get even by saying that........ .....She was logged into Yahoo so when I sat down I saw the reply to my post and just sent the answer without even thinking twice. My mind is in holiday mode. Again, so so sorry.

              My grandfather is James Columbus Anderson of Brownwood, a nephew to William Columbus Anderson. I was banned from a Bloody Bill Yahoo group. Now, on another Bloody Bill Mystery Solved site, we are having problems.

              The other problem is not being able to ask questions about my own family on some genealogy sites because of the distruption to the group by some people.

              I didn't mean to start anything. I just saw the first remark and responded.

              Steven Lee <stevarino1961@ yahoo.com> wrote:

                      Very familiar with them... Why?

              "Sally G." <sallyfromhouston@ yahoo.com> wrote:

              My hand is raised.

              --- In civilwarwest@ yahoogroups. com, "t_lind" <tagate@...> wrote:

              > Hi
              > How many groups have problem with the Bloody Bill group

            • Sally Goodson
              Message 6 of 18 , May 24 7:09 AM
                We went through her group memberships and we agreed she should remove herself from a couple of the boards once I told her that as family we want no more problems. Again my apologies to this group. I won't mention anything again.

                  Message 8 of 18 , May 24 7:23 AM
                    One of the things I am trying to research which lead me to join is the exemption from the conscript for men living in frontier counties in Texas. I'm not sure if I ever had the time to ask if anyone had information or could point me to information about this. I have information about the governor of Texas allowing an exemption so that men could protect the frontier from Indian attacks. I was just wondering if there were any official records siting who had ben exempt.

                    Message 9 of 18 , May 24 9:16 AM
                      Yes, Tom, I think it is a puzzle. There might be some mixed up people
                      who want to think John Wilkes Booth died in Oklahoma in the 20th
                      century, but we don't seem to have a modern day heated debate on the
                      internet about the matter.

                      Carl

                      > Fair question. I have not seen anything from them on this site in
                      quite a
                      > long time but then I have not seen much at all on this site in a
                      long time.
                      > To me they are a bit too dedicated to their admiration of Anderson, who,
                      > IMO, was no one to admire. Just a cold blooded killer who enjoyed
                      his work a
                      > bit too much.
                      >
                      > Tom

                    • Tom Mix
                      Message 10 of 18 , May 24 2:33 PM

                        Agreed.

                        No matter how delusional or warped Booth may have been he had a plan limited to killing a few people for, in his bazaar mind, would aid in his political aims through their deaths.  Where as Bloody Bill just used war as an excuse to kill and to kill often and to kill any one.

                        Tom