RE: [civilwarwest] Re: Bloody Bill

  • Tom Mix
    Message 1 of 18 , May 23, 2008

      Sorry, I meant: Twice “IF” allowed.”

      -----Original Message-----
      From: civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com [mailto:civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Tom Mix
      Sent: Friday, May 23, 2008 5:24 PM
      To: civilwarwest@yahoogroupscom
      Subject: RE: [civilwarwest] Re: Bloody Bill

      My hand is up too. Twice is allowed.

      Tom

      -----Original Message-----
      From: civilwarwest@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:civilwarwes t@yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of Sally G.
      Sent: Friday, May 23, 2008 11:17 AM
      To: civilwarwest@ yahoogroupscom
      Subject: [civilwarwest] Re: Bloody Bill

      My hand is raised

      --- In civilwarwest@ yahoogroups. com, "t_lind" <tagate@...> wrote:

      > Hi
      > How many groups have problem with the Bloody Bill group

    • Steven Lee
      Message 2 of 18 , May 23, 2008
                Very familiar with them... Why?

        Message 3 of 18 , May 23, 2008

          Fair question.  I have not seen anything from them on this site in quite a long time but then I have not seen much at all on this site in a long time.  To me they are a bit too dedicated to their admiration of Anderson, who, IMO, was no one to admire. Just a cold blooded killer who enjoyed his work a bit too much.

          Tom

          > How many groups have problem with the Bloody Bill group

        • Regina Hall
          Message 4 of 18 , May 23, 2008

            My grandfather is James Columbus Anderson of Brownwood, a nephew to William Columbus Anderson. I was banned from a Bloody Bill Yahoo group. Now, on another Bloody Bill Mystery Solved site, we are having problems.

            The other problem is not being able to ask questions about my own family on some genealogy sites because of the distruption to the group by some people.

            I didn't mean to start anything. I just saw the first remark and responded.

            > How many groups have problem with the Bloody Bill group

          • Sally Goodson
            Message 5 of 18 , May 23, 2008

              Message 6 of 18 , May 23, 2008
                Sorry for the double post. I'm visiting a cousin for the holiday. She's into the family search and is a member of a number of the same groups, etc. I will never live this down. She still teases me for telling her to "come to the pencil and get a phone" when I was a kid. She's older. I can get even by saying that..............She was logged into Yahoo so when I sat down I saw the reply to my post and just sent the answer without even thinking twice. My mind is in holiday mode. Again, so so sorry.

                Message 7 of 18 , May 23, 2008
                           You were banned from "Bloody Bill Mystery Group?  From automated email, says you unsubscribed... Oh well...  Does'nt really have anything to do with this group...???

                  Message 8 of 18 , May 23, 2008

                    No problem. Heck, I’ve only had one of four posted so you’re the lucky one to get on board.

                    Message 9 of 18 , May 24, 2008
                      We went through her group memberships and we agreed she should remove herself from a couple of the boards once I told her that as family we want no more problems. Again my apologies to this group. I won't mention anything again.

                        Message 11 of 18 , May 24, 2008
                          One of the things I am trying to research which lead me to join is the exemption from the conscript for men living in frontier counties in Texas. I'm not sure if I ever had the time to ask if anyone had information or could point me to information about this. I have information about the governor of Texas allowing an exemption so that men could protect the frontier from Indian attacks. I was just wondering if there were any official records siting who had ben exempt.

                          Message 12 of 18 , May 24, 2008
                            Yes, Tom, I think it is a puzzle. There might be some mixed up people
                            who want to think John Wilkes Booth died in Oklahoma in the 20th
                            century, but we don't seem to have a modern day heated debate on the
                            internet about the matter.

                            Carl

                            > Fair question. I have not seen anything from them on this site in
                            quite a
                            > long time but then I have not seen much at all on this site in a
                            long time.
                            > To me they are a bit too dedicated to their admiration of Anderson, who,
                            > IMO, was no one to admire. Just a cold blooded killer who enjoyed
                            his work a
                            > bit too much.
                            >
                            > Tom

                          • Tom Mix
                            Message 13 of 18 , May 24, 2008

                              Agreed.

                              No matter how delusional or warped Booth may have been he had a plan limited to killing a few people for, in his bazaar mind, would aid in his political aims through their deaths.  Where as Bloody Bill just used war as an excuse to kill and to kill often and to kill any one.

                              Tom