Re: Bloody Bill

  • Sally G.
    Message 1 of 18 , May 23, 2008
      My hand is raised.

      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "t_lind" <tagate@...> wrote:

      > Hi
      > How many groups have problem with the Bloody Bill group

    • Bob Huddleston
      Message 2 of 18 , May 23, 2008

        Ditto.

        Take care,

        Bob

        Judy and Bob Huddleston

        10643 Sperry Street

        Northglenn, CO   80234-3612

        huddleston.r@...

        "The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane."
        ---Mark Twain, 1907

        > How many groups have problem with the Bloody Bill group

      • Tom Mix
        Message 3 of 18 , May 23, 2008

          My hand is up too. Twice is allowed.

          Tom

          Message 4 of 18 , May 23, 2008

            Sorry, I meant: Twice “IF” allowed.”

            > How many groups have problem with the Bloody Bill group

          • Steven Lee
            Message 5 of 18 , May 23, 2008
                      Very familiar with them... Why?

              Message 6 of 18 , May 23, 2008

                Fair question.  I have not seen anything from them on this site in quite a long time but then I have not seen much at all on this site in a long time.  To me they are a bit too dedicated to their admiration of Anderson, who, IMO, was no one to admire. Just a cold blooded killer who enjoyed his work a bit too much.

                Tom

                > How many groups have problem with the Bloody Bill group

              • Regina Hall
                Message 7 of 18 , May 23, 2008

                  My grandfather is James Columbus Anderson of Brownwood, a nephew to William Columbus Anderson. I was banned from a Bloody Bill Yahoo group. Now, on another Bloody Bill Mystery Solved site, we are having problems.

                  The other problem is not being able to ask questions about my own family on some genealogy sites because of the distruption to the group by some people.

                  I didn't mean to start anything. I just saw the first remark and responded.

                  > How many groups have problem with the Bloody Bill group

                • Sally Goodson
                  Message 8 of 18 , May 23, 2008

                    Message 9 of 18 , May 23, 2008
                      Sorry for the double post. I'm visiting a cousin for the holiday. She's into the family search and is a member of a number of the same groups, etc. I will never live this down. She still teases me for telling her to "come to the pencil and get a phone" when I was a kid. She's older. I can get even by saying that..............She was logged into Yahoo so when I sat down I saw the reply to my post and just sent the answer without even thinking twice. My mind is in holiday mode. Again, so so sorry.

                      Message 10 of 18 , May 23, 2008
                                 You were banned from "Bloody Bill Mystery Group?  From automated email, says you unsubscribed... Oh well...  Does'nt really have anything to do with this group...???

                        Message 11 of 18 , May 23, 2008

                          No problem. Heck, I’ve only had one of four posted so you’re the lucky one to get on board.

                          Message 12 of 18 , May 24, 2008
                            We went through her group memberships and we agreed she should remove herself from a couple of the boards once I told her that as family we want no more problems. Again my apologies to this group. I won't mention anything again.

                              Message 14 of 18 , May 24, 2008
                                One of the things I am trying to research which lead me to join is the exemption from the conscript for men living in frontier counties in Texas. I'm not sure if I ever had the time to ask if anyone had information or could point me to information about this. I have information about the governor of Texas allowing an exemption so that men could protect the frontier from Indian attacks. I was just wondering if there were any official records siting who had ben exempt.

                                Message 15 of 18 , May 24, 2008
                                  Yes, Tom, I think it is a puzzle. There might be some mixed up people
                                  who want to think John Wilkes Booth died in Oklahoma in the 20th
                                  century, but we don't seem to have a modern day heated debate on the
                                  internet about the matter.

                                  Carl

                                  > Fair question. I have not seen anything from them on this site in
                                  quite a
                                  > long time but then I have not seen much at all on this site in a
                                  long time.
                                  > To me they are a bit too dedicated to their admiration of Anderson, who,
                                  > IMO, was no one to admire. Just a cold blooded killer who enjoyed
                                  his work a
                                  > bit too much.
                                  >
                                  > Tom

                                • Tom Mix
                                  Message 16 of 18 , May 24, 2008

                                    Agreed.

                                    No matter how delusional or warped Booth may have been he had a plan limited to killing a few people for, in his bazaar mind, would aid in his political aims through their deaths.  Where as Bloody Bill just used war as an excuse to kill and to kill often and to kill any one.

                                    Tom