virtualbooksigning dot net

  • Carl Williams
    Message 1 of 11 , May 22, 2008
      if you like civil war talk radio... more grist for the mill? civil war
      oriented, but you can't tell by the title

      http://virtualbooksigning.net/
    • marmusman
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 29, 2010
        I just wanted to pass this information on to other Civil War enthusiasts.

        Civil War Talk Radio is an internet based "radio" program hosted by Gerry Prokopowicz, History Department Head at East Carolina University. Each show is an hour long interview with leading historians and authors of Civil War topics.

        For those of you that listen to the show, you know that the "official" website (http://www.voiceamerica.com/worldtalkradio/vshow.aspx?sid=865) run by the overlords at World Talk Radio is very cumbersome and does not get updated regularly with show information.

        There is a new fan based website that organizes the shows and is updated regularly as the season moves forward. It is called Impediments of War, located at www.impedimentsofwar.org, and includes the current season and archived shows of the past 6 seasons. You can obtain information on the guests, descriptions of shows and links back to the World Talk Radio servers for downloading or listening to the MP3s.

        Enjoy!