RE: [civilwarwest] Re: Civil War Talk Radio

  • Tom Mix
    Message 1 of 11 , May 6, 2008

      He never owned slaves.

      Tom

      -----Original Message-----
      From: civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com [mailto:civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of rbaquero@...
      Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2008 12:01 PM
      To: civilwarwest@yahoogroupscom
      Subject: Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Civil War Talk Radio

       Hi guys ! :

      I did get into the web page, there is a Question there : Did Abraham Lincoln had slaves ? but, I couldn't find the answer...do you know the answer ? thanks .

      - Raul

    • Carl Williams
      Message 2 of 11 , May 8, 2008
        Prokopowicz, the host of CWTR, wrote a new book entitled "Did Lincoln
        Own Slaves?" I believe he means for that to be an ironical title, a
        question this professor often gets from students, etc.

        So I would think that is what Raul saw at that website, an
        advertisement for that book.

        I have ordered the book and perhaps can report on it here, but will
        have to be careful if the title is any indication [btw, he re-assures
        that it is not just a book that is written for 'young readers'... as
        might be concluded from that title]
      • Harry Smeltzer
        Message 3 of 11 , May 8, 2008
          It's one of the best Lincoln books I've read in a long while.

          Harry

          Message 4 of 11 , May 22, 2008
            if you like civil war talk radio... more grist for the mill? civil war
            oriented, but you can't tell by the title

            http://virtualbooksigning.net/
          • marmusman
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 29, 2010
              I just wanted to pass this information on to other Civil War enthusiasts.

              Civil War Talk Radio is an internet based "radio" program hosted by Gerry Prokopowicz, History Department Head at East Carolina University. Each show is an hour long interview with leading historians and authors of Civil War topics.

              For those of you that listen to the show, you know that the "official" website (http://www.voiceamerica.com/worldtalkradio/vshow.aspx?sid=865) run by the overlords at World Talk Radio is very cumbersome and does not get updated regularly with show information.

              There is a new fan based website that organizes the shows and is updated regularly as the season moves forward. It is called Impediments of War, located at www.impedimentsofwar.org, and includes the current season and archived shows of the past 6 seasons. You can obtain information on the guests, descriptions of shows and links back to the World Talk Radio servers for downloading or listening to the MP3s.

              Enjoy!