Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Civil War Talk Radio

  • keeno2@aol.com
    Message 1 of 11 , May 6, 2008
      In a message dated 5/6/2008 12:02:29 P.M. Central Daylight Time, rbaquero@... writes:
      I did get into the web page, there is a Question there : Did Abraham Lincoln had slaves ? but, I couldn't find the answer...do you know the answer ? thanks
      I know of no record stating that Abe ever even thought of owning a slave. You must have gotten ahold of that book that has him having affairs with men and cheating on Mary and having a fatal disease and. ...

      ken

    • Tom Mix
      Message 2 of 11 , May 6, 2008

        He never owned slaves.

        Tom

        Message 3 of 11 , May 8, 2008
          Prokopowicz, the host of CWTR, wrote a new book entitled "Did Lincoln
          Own Slaves?" I believe he means for that to be an ironical title, a
          question this professor often gets from students, etc.

          So I would think that is what Raul saw at that website, an
          advertisement for that book.

          I have ordered the book and perhaps can report on it here, but will
          have to be careful if the title is any indication [btw, he re-assures
          that it is not just a book that is written for 'young readers'... as
          might be concluded from that title]
        • Harry Smeltzer
          Message 4 of 11 , May 8, 2008
            It's one of the best Lincoln books I've read in a long while.

            Harry

            Message 5 of 11 , May 22, 2008
              if you like civil war talk radio... more grist for the mill? civil war
              oriented, but you can't tell by the title

              http://virtualbooksigning.net/
            • marmusman
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 29, 2010
                I just wanted to pass this information on to other Civil War enthusiasts.

                Civil War Talk Radio is an internet based "radio" program hosted by Gerry Prokopowicz, History Department Head at East Carolina University. Each show is an hour long interview with leading historians and authors of Civil War topics.

                For those of you that listen to the show, you know that the "official" website (http://www.voiceamerica.com/worldtalkradio/vshow.aspx?sid=865) run by the overlords at World Talk Radio is very cumbersome and does not get updated regularly with show information.

                There is a new fan based website that organizes the shows and is updated regularly as the season moves forward. It is called Impediments of War, located at www.impedimentsofwar.org, and includes the current season and archived shows of the past 6 seasons. You can obtain information on the guests, descriptions of shows and links back to the World Talk Radio servers for downloading or listening to the MP3s.

                Enjoy!