Re: [SPAM]Re: [civilwarwest] A Question on Numbers

  • Sweetsstar@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2008
      I know there were a number of Companies in the Native California Battalion here in California that were raised to keep secessionist under control in California while the regular army was sent to the east to fight.  I don't know how many served in the Native California Battalion over the years of the War .  Several companies served at the Drum Barracks in Wilmington California.  Others were at Camp Babbett  in Visalia California .  Both strong Confederate areas in California .
      Susan