General Shelby and the Queen City

  • Carl Williams
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 1 5:11 AM
      Reading "Jo Shelby, Undefeated Rebel," now adding to the list of "I
      didn't know that" is Shelby's capture of the QUEEN CITY tinclad,
      reminiscent of some of Forrest's feats (I always enjoy reading about
      the surprise capture of Fed gunboats).

      here is an account:
      http://tinyurl.com/2vaarf

      see also:
      http://www.history.navy.mil/photos/sh-usn/usnsh-q/quen-cty.htm

      Seems the White River in Arkansas was an unlucky place for the Union
      Navy, they also lost the City Class MOUND CITY there IIRC.