Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Kennesaw Mountain sources

  • NPeters102@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 22, 2008
      In a message dated 3/22/2008 4:02:14 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, carlw4514@... writes:
      speaking of authors, I believe we could list this?

      Can't couch for his entire list, but I did enjoy Reinhart's history of the 6th KY (US) Infantry & his book of 32nd Indiana Infantry letters.

      Respectfully,

      Mike Peters
      npeters102@...

    • Marc Grad
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 22, 2008
        Thanks Joe I had forgotten about that one. I'm in Marietta, figure
        the library around here will have a copy.

        Marc

        --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Joseph R. Reinhart"
        <sixthky@...> wrote:

        > Check Kennesaw Mountain June 1864: Bitter Standoff at the Gibralter
        of Georgia (Paperback)
        > by Richard A. Baumgartner (Author), Larry M. Strayer (Author)
        >
        > It is full of info from letters and diaries.
        > Joe  -------------- Original message from "mgrad29" <mgrad29@...>: -
        -------------

        > It appears to me the most detailed accounts of the
        battle of Kennesaw
        > Mountain are either Castel's Decision in the West or the OR. Does
        > anyone have another source they can recommend?
        >
        > Thanks

      • Joseph R. Reinhart
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 22, 2008
          Marc
          If they do not have a copy they should be able to get it to you through interlibrary loan.
          Joe �
          -------------- Original message from "Marc Grad" <mgrad29@...>: --------------

          <sixthky@... > wrote:

          > Check�Kennesaw Mountain June 1864: Bitter Standoff at the Gibralter
          of Georgia (Paperback)
          > by�Richard A. Baumgartner�( Author),�Larry M. Strayer�(Author)
          >
          > It is full of info from letters and diaries.
          > Joe� ------------ -- Original message from "mgrad29" <mgrad29@... >: -
          ------------ -

          > It appears to me the most detailed accounts of the
          battle of Kennesaw
          > Mountain are either Castel's Decision in the West or the OR. Does
          > anyone have another source they can recommend?
          >
          > Thanks

        • oneplez
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 2, 2008
            <sixthky@...> wrote:

            > Marc
            > If they do not have a copy they should be able to get it to you
            through interlibrary loan.
            > Joe   -------------- Original message from "Marc Grad"
            >

            > Thanks Joe I had forgotten about that one. I'm in
            Marietta, figure
            > the library around here will have a copy.
            >
            > Marc

            You might try the O. R.'s.

            Don