Kennesaw Mountain sources

  • mgrad29
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 22, 2008
      It appears to me the most detailed accounts of the battle of Kennesaw
      Mountain are either Castel's Decision in the West or the OR. Does
      anyone have another source they can recommend?

      Thanks
    • Joseph R. Reinhart
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 22, 2008
        Check�Kennesaw Mountain June 1864: Bitter Standoff at the Gibralter of Georgia (Paperback)
        by�Richard A. Baumgartner�(Author),�Larry M. Strayer�(Author)

        It is full of info from letters and diaries.
        Joe�
        -------------- Original message from "mgrad29" <mgrad29@...>: --------------

        It appears to me the most detailed accounts of the battle of Kennesaw
        Mountain are either Castel's Decision in the West or the OR. Does
        anyone have another source they can recommend?

        Thanks

      • Carl Williams
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 22, 2008
        • NPeters102@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 22, 2008
            In a message dated 3/22/2008 4:02:14 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, carlw4514@... writes:
            speaking of authors, I believe we could list this?

            Can't couch for his entire list, but I did enjoy Reinhart's history of the 6th KY (US) Infantry & his book of 32nd Indiana Infantry letters.

            Respectfully,

            Mike Peters
            npeters102@...

          • Marc Grad
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 22, 2008
              Thanks Joe I had forgotten about that one. I'm in Marietta, figure
              the library around here will have a copy.

              Marc

              --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Joseph R. Reinhart"
              <sixthky@...> wrote:

              > Check Kennesaw Mountain June 1864: Bitter Standoff at the Gibralter
              of Georgia (Paperback)
              > by Richard A. Baumgartner (Author), Larry M. Strayer (Author)
              >
              > It is full of info from letters and diaries.
              > Joe  -------------- Original message from "mgrad29" <mgrad29@...>: -
              -------------

              > It appears to me the most detailed accounts of the
              battle of Kennesaw
              > Mountain are either Castel's Decision in the West or the OR. Does
              > anyone have another source they can recommend?
              >
              > Thanks

            • Joseph R. Reinhart
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 22, 2008
                Marc
                If they do not have a copy they should be able to get it to you through interlibrary loan.
                Joe �
                -------------- Original message from "Marc Grad" <mgrad29@...>: --------------

                <sixthky@... > wrote:

                > Check�Kennesaw Mountain June 1864: Bitter Standoff at the Gibralter
                of Georgia (Paperback)
                > by�Richard A. Baumgartner�( Author),�Larry M. Strayer�(Author)
                >
                > It is full of info from letters and diaries.
                > Joe� ------------ -- Original message from "mgrad29" <mgrad29@... >: -
                ------------ -

                > It appears to me the most detailed accounts of the
                battle of Kennesaw
                > Mountain are either Castel's Decision in the West or the OR. Does
                > anyone have another source they can recommend?
                >
                > Thanks

              • oneplez
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 2, 2008
                  <sixthky@...> wrote:

                  > Marc
                  > If they do not have a copy they should be able to get it to you
                  through interlibrary loan.
                  > Joe   -------------- Original message from "Marc Grad"
                  >

                  > Thanks Joe I had forgotten about that one. I'm in
                  Marietta, figure
                  > the library around here will have a copy.
                  >
                  > Marc

                  You might try the O. R.'s.

                  Don