Dalton - February 1864

  • Michael C. Hardy
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 17, 2008
      Are there any sources (book or article) on the February 1864 battle at
      Dalton? I've got the ORs, McMurry, Connelly, and Castel and I'm coming
      up short on detailed analysis.

      Thanks,
      Michael C. Hardy
      www.michaelchardy.com
    • SDE80@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 17, 2008
        In a message dated 3/17/2008 6:24:09 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, mchardy@... writes:
        Are there any sources (book or article) on the February 1864 battle at
        Dalton? I've got the ORs, McMurry, Connelly, and Castel and I'm coming
        up short on detailed analysis.
        Another source would be Larry McDaniel's book on the Army of the Cumberland.

        Sam Elliott

      • Michael C. Hardy
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 19, 2008
          Thanks Sam! I'll look into that next. Yesterday I went through a
          couple of bios on Joe Johnston.

          Is there a bio on Cruft?

          Regards,
          Michael
          www.michaelchardy.com

        • SDE80@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 19, 2008
            In a message dated 3/19/2008 8:54:06 AM Eastern Daylight Time, mchardy@... writes:

            Thanks Sam! I'll look into that next. Yesterday I went through a
            couple of bios on Joe Johnston.

            Is there a bio on Cruft?

            Not that I'm aware of.

            Sam

            **************
          • Art Bagley
            Message 5 of 5 , May 11 6:25 PM
              --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, SDE80@... wrote:

              > In a message dated 3/19/2008 8:54:06 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
              > mchardy@... writes:
              >
              > > Thanks Sam! I'll look into that next. Yesterday I went through a
              > > couple of bios on Joe Johnston.
              > >
              > > Is there a bio on Cruft?
              > >

              > Not that I'm aware of.
              >
              > Sam
              >

              > **************

              Hey there, Sam & All...

              What you might want to do in situations like this is to search on
              the internet to find a local historical society, public or
              university or junior college library, or even a museum and e-mail
              them with your questions. If they don't have the information, they
              may know of another possible source, like a chairperson of a local
              United Daughters of the Confederacy or Sons of Confederate Veterans,
              etc., and will recommend them. It's just a method of networking that
              may find the answers sought.

              ArtorBart The Librarian