[SPAM]Re: [civilwarwest] West Virginia?(Note From Moderator)

  • Bill Bruner
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 21, 2008
      Good to hear from you, Dick.

      Bill Bruner

      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Dick Weeks" <shotgun@...>
      wrote:

      > I have been watching the "West Virginia" thread very carefully.
      Personally, I do not think it falls within the rules of discussion
      for the Western Theater. Both Lee and McClellan fought there and
      even though they were not fighting the armies they would later
      command, as far as I am concerned, it clearly falls in the Eastern
      Theater. However, because the discussion has been civil and
      meaningful I have allowed it to continue. Now comes the question of
      the "right of secession" and I that crosses the line and in my
      opinion any discussion from here on out will be meaningless and will
      cause nothing but hate and discontent within the group. Therefore,
      the subject of West Virginia is now hooked. If you want to discuss
      it further take it to private email. There will be no further
      warnings. Thanks.

      civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com writes:

      > did w. virgina have a right to secede from virginia? seems that
      since it fit the union cause it was just fine, they can bend the
      rules if you support us hummmm?