West Virginia: CW East or CW West

  • huddleston.r@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 21, 2008
      In its own way, and relevant to our discussion, WV was a Border State, not North vs. South, but rather East vs West. The troops and generals who fought there often went on to the Big Show in east Virginia or to the more important Big Show in KY and TN.

      IIRC, Sherman in the Carolinas is permissible here -- by the same token, so should campaigning in West Virginia.

      --
      Take care,

      Bob

      Judy and Bob Huddleston
      10643 Sperry Street
      Northglenn, CO 80234-3612
      huddleston.r@...

      "Problems will always torment us because all important problems are insoluble: that is why they are important. The good comes from the continuing struggle to try and solve them, not from the vain hope of their solution."

      - Historian Arthur Schlesinger Jr.