Bloody Bill

  • t_lind
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 10, 2008
      Hi
      How many groups have problem with the Bloody Bill group
    • keeno2@aol.com
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 10, 2008
        Have no idea, Ann. So far as I know, only Jay Longley and his few followers much care. He is annoying, but harmless and good for a laugh or two. Don't worry about it.

        ole

      • Sally G.
        Message 3 of 18 , May 23, 2008
          My hand is raised.

          --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "t_lind" <tagate@...> wrote:

          > Hi
          > How many groups have problem with the Bloody Bill group

        • Bob Huddleston
          Message 4 of 18 , May 23, 2008

            Ditto.

            Take care,

            Bob

            Judy and Bob Huddleston

            10643 Sperry Street

            Northglenn, CO   80234-3612

            huddleston.r@...

            "The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane."
            ---Mark Twain, 1907

            > How many groups have problem with the Bloody Bill group

          • Tom Mix
            Message 5 of 18 , May 23, 2008

              My hand is up too. Twice is allowed.

              Tom

              Message 6 of 18 , May 23, 2008

                Sorry, I meant: Twice “IF” allowed.”

                > How many groups have problem with the Bloody Bill group

              • Steven Lee
                Message 7 of 18 , May 23, 2008
                          Very familiar with them... Why?

                  Message 8 of 18 , May 23, 2008

                    Fair question.  I have not seen anything from them on this site in quite a long time but then I have not seen much at all on this site in a long time.  To me they are a bit too dedicated to their admiration of Anderson, who, IMO, was no one to admire. Just a cold blooded killer who enjoyed his work a bit too much.

                    Tom

                    > How many groups have problem with the Bloody Bill group

                  • Regina Hall
                    Message 9 of 18 , May 23, 2008

                      My grandfather is James Columbus Anderson of Brownwood, a nephew to William Columbus Anderson. I was banned from a Bloody Bill Yahoo group. Now, on another Bloody Bill Mystery Solved site, we are having problems.

                      The other problem is not being able to ask questions about my own family on some genealogy sites because of the distruption to the group by some people.

                      I didn't mean to start anything. I just saw the first remark and responded.

                      > How many groups have problem with the Bloody Bill group

                    • Sally Goodson
                      Message 10 of 18 , May 23, 2008

                        Message 11 of 18 , May 23, 2008
                          Sorry for the double post. I'm visiting a cousin for the holiday. She's into the family search and is a member of a number of the same groups, etc. I will never live this down. She still teases me for telling her to "come to the pencil and get a phone" when I was a kid. She's older. I can get even by saying that..............She was logged into Yahoo so when I sat down I saw the reply to my post and just sent the answer without even thinking twice. My mind is in holiday mode. Again, so so sorry.

                          Message 12 of 18 , May 23, 2008
                                     You were banned from "Bloody Bill Mystery Group?  From automated email, says you unsubscribed... Oh well...  Does'nt really have anything to do with this group...???

                            Message 13 of 18 , May 23, 2008

                              No problem. Heck, I’ve only had one of four posted so you’re the lucky one to get on board.

                              Message 14 of 18 , May 24, 2008
                                We went through her group memberships and we agreed she should remove herself from a couple of the boards once I told her that as family we want no more problems. Again my apologies to this group. I won't mention anything again.

                                  Message 16 of 18 , May 24, 2008
                                    One of the things I am trying to research which lead me to join is the exemption from the conscript for men living in frontier counties in Texas. I'm not sure if I ever had the time to ask if anyone had information or could point me to information about this. I have information about the governor of Texas allowing an exemption so that men could protect the frontier from Indian attacks. I was just wondering if there were any official records siting who had ben exempt.

                                    Message 17 of 18 , May 24, 2008
                                      Yes, Tom, I think it is a puzzle. There might be some mixed up people
                                      who want to think John Wilkes Booth died in Oklahoma in the 20th
                                      century, but we don't seem to have a modern day heated debate on the
                                      internet about the matter.

                                      Carl

                                      > Fair question. I have not seen anything from them on this site in
                                      quite a
                                      > long time but then I have not seen much at all on this site in a
                                      long time.
                                      > To me they are a bit too dedicated to their admiration of Anderson, who,
                                      > IMO, was no one to admire. Just a cold blooded killer who enjoyed
                                      his work a
                                      > bit too much.
                                      >
                                      > Tom

                                    • Tom Mix
                                      Message 18 of 18 , May 24, 2008

                                        Agreed.

                                        No matter how delusional or warped Booth may have been he had a plan limited to killing a few people for, in his bazaar mind, would aid in his political aims through their deaths.  Where as Bloody Bill just used war as an excuse to kill and to kill often and to kill any one.

                                        Tom