Re: The viability of Attack in the West versus the East

  • William H Keene
    Message 1 of 109 , Jan 1, 2008
      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "raymondohara" <raymond-ohara@...>
      > then where was this defense conducted? name the battles?

      The defense was conducted in a series of positions around Cornith on
      the east and northeast. There were a number of skimishes and small
      actions. The only named battle was the Battle of Farmington.

      > and remember iuka, corinth and holly springs were all after{6 months
      > in the case of iuka longer for the other two} the CSA reached jackson
      > and were parts of a different campaign.
      >
      > why don't any of these historians mention these defense in any of the
      > books they've written?

      I have seen it in the books I have read. There was an issue of Blue
      & Gray magazine in 2002 which featured a big article on Corinth written
      by Stacey Allen of the National Park Service. Can remember where I put
      it right now. In his book 'Shiloh', Edward Cunningham talks about it
      in the last chapter.
    • ngreadermail
      Message 109 of 109 , Jan 2, 2008
        I was asking Ray for a source on Jackson.

        --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Ronald black" <rblack0981@...>
        wrote:

        > Ray;
        > How many sources do you want? Take your pick.
        > Ron

        1/2/2008 11:29 AM