MODERATOR'S NOTE - Please read

  • ks
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2007
      Having noted the tones of certain emails in the past week, and seeing that we're skating thin ice with approaching discussion of slavery, I thought it a good time to remind members of a couple of points.

      First, these rules are stated on the homepage:

      Unfortunately, because of their volatility the following subjects are off limits, (1) Causes of the war, (2)Slavery, (3)Black Confederates and (4)Modern day politics.

      The discussion group etiquette is as follows. (1)There will be no profanity used in any post to the group. (2) You may attack a post for its content with a rebuttal of your own, you may not attack the member that posted it.

      Please keep in mind that one need not reply to posts.  One can choose to ignore comments and particular posters, especially if one feels there's an attempt being made to bait others into a response.  Either ignore the post or take your response to PRIVATE email.

      Thank you.  It takes a concerted effort by all to keep a board such as this cordial.

      Pat