Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Bishop-General Leonidas Polk, CSA

  • SDE80@aol.com
    Message 1 of 107 , Dec 22, 2007
      In a message dated 12/22/2007 5:23:58 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, ecarb58@... writes:
      P.S. Just to muddy the waters even further, would I have been amiss in
      considering Kirby Smith to take command of AoT? (Taylor in Trans-
      Mississippi? )
      Kirby Smith, of course, has a large connection to Sewanee himself.   What did he do to justify command of the AOT?   Made a deal with Bragg on the Kentucky invasion and then broke the deal.

      Sam Elliott

    • guitarmandanga
      Message 107 of 107 , Dec 27, 2007
        Personally, I'm not so sure that Tupelo is as much Forrest's mess as
        it is S.D. Lee's, although obviously both of them were present and
        involved...

        Dan

        --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Eric Jacobson" <jacobson@...>