Re: Confederate Battle Plan for Shiloh 1862

  • gnrljejohnston
    Message 1 of 31 , Dec 6, 2007
      > > --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Perry Gray" <perryrgray@>
      > > wrote:
      > >

      > > > I have read several accounts of the battle including "Shiloh:
      > Bloody
      > > > April" by Wiley Sword, articles by Stacey Allen (park
      historian),
      > > > "Army of the Heartland" by TL Connelly and the booklet
      published
      > by
      > > > Eastern National for the battlefield park. None give any
      reasons
      > for
      > > > the strange deployment, although most indicate that it created
      > serious
      > > > problems for command, control and movement.
      > > >
      > > > Perry Gray
      > > > Editor Saga Newsletter
      > > > http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/SAGAWarfare/

      Perry, in addition to other researchable books in order to answer
      your quest, you might include these as well.

      1 THE POLITICS OF COMMAND: FACTIONS AND IDEAS IN CONFEDERATE
      STRATEGY (ISBN: 0807123498)
      Connelly and Jones

      2. ARMY OF THE HEARTLAND The Army of Tennessee, 1861-1862
      Connelly, Thomas Lawrence

      3.BEAUREGARD: NAPOLEON IN GRAY (ISBN: 0807119741)
      Williams, T. Harry

      4.MADAME CASTEL'S LODGER
      KEYES, FRANCES PARKINSON

      Nos. 3 & 4 are bios on Bory

      JEJ
    • keeno2@aol.com
      Message 31 of 31 , Dec 10, 2007
        In a message dated 12/11/2007 12:27:18 A.M. Central Standard Time, perryrgray@... writes:
        It is always good to know that there are so many helpful people and what they can provide to help others better appreciate this conflict.
        Perry: I don't know of a single person in this community that won't jump in to help with whatever. We're all here because we are immersed obscenely in the study and want to draw you in, as well.

        ken